Nike Strategic Planning Director, Global Sales Business Development in Portland, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike’s path forward.
As the Strategic Planning Director, Global Sales Business Development you’ll work closely with the VP of Global Sales to set, communicate and manage the commercial strategy for Nike's Wholesale Marketplace. You’ll partner with the Global Sales Leadership Team and broader Integrated Marketplace teams to explore complex business issues; craft business storytelling; conduct consumer, competitive, and market analyses; develop financial models and reporting; and form action plans to bring our strategies to life.
• Sets Global Sales strategy and tracks progress against key initiatives.
• Represents the VP of Global Sales in planning and reviewing Nike’s wholesale business.
• Drives clear communication about high priority deliverables.
• Solves complex problems and clearly communicates solutions.
• Conducts thorough research and clear analysis on business, consumer, and marketplace trends.
• Manages and produces content and materials related to key strategic planning deliverables, including quarterly business reviews, annual operating plans, and corporate strategic reviews.
• Directs high-priority cross-functional reporting across numerous stakeholders.
• Provides trusted thought partnership and project direction for the Global Sales Leadership Team.
• Supports the day-to-day operations of the Global Sales organization.
The right candidate has:
• Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills, paired with the ability to tell complex strategic stories in a clear and visual manner.
• Demonstrated ability to drive quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling) and analyze research related to consumers, industries, and competitors.
• Proven background in managing well-designed and polished deliverables.
• Experience managing multiple stakeholders across an organization with tight deadlines.
• Experience driving key deliverables across a complex organization, working through key dependencies and bottlenecks.
• Superior writing, communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Ability to manage and track process of multiple projects at once.
• Ability to work independently with high levels of organization and precision.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years' work experience in business planning, management consulting, corporate strategic planning, corporate development, business development or related fields.
• Expert knowledge (strongly preferred) for the following products: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Keynote, Adobe Acrobat.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00351513
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Category: Strategic Planning, Corporate Services