Nike Product Graphic Designer II in Portland, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Designers combine relentless curiosity and passion for sport to transform the insights of athletes into innovations that advance human potential. A diverse community with expertise in apparel, footwear and graphic design as well as color experts, material designers, communicators and conceptual thinkers, Nike Design delivers innovation to athletes from insight to in-store and beyond. Like the athletes Nike serves, its designers constantly seek to raise the bar, knowing that in the pursuit of greatness, there is no finish line.
With direction from Design management, a Nike Product Graphic Designer 2 for Young Athletes uses his/her design skills to create original graphic and/or textile designs that appropriately reflect Nike's design ethos. This designer has experience effectively creating hand-drawn illustration, typography, and is comfortable writing his/her own copy when necessary. Nike is interested in creating the new look of Modern Sport through its footwear graphics and looks for graphic designers who exemplify a different perspective on placement, scaling and use a blend of fashion and streetwear aesthetic. In this role, Nike is looking for someone with experience designing graphics for footwear or experience placing graphics on 3D form.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on signature Young Athlete basketball footwear in addition to running and lifestyle models.
Qualifications A Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or other relevant field
· 4+ years of progressive technically sophisticated graphic design experience.
· Proficient ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
· Strong familiarity with current trends, color, and design.
· Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications.
· Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
· Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
· A passion for sport and knowledge of basketball culture is a plus.
· Travel up to 10%.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00335418
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Category: Design, Digital & Technology