Nike Manager, Digital Commerce (O2C) in Portland, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As the Manager of Digital Commerce Order-to-Cash (O2C) you will be responsible for driving global best practices for O2C accounting policies and procedures for digital commerce within the Nike Direct business. You will engage regularly with business and operations leaders understand and influence strategies and commercial practices. In addition, you will work closely with geography controlling leaders to standardize and streamline accounting processes and controls. This position reports to the Director of Nike Direct Order-to-Cash.
Key responsibilities include:
Engage with Nike Direct business stakeholders and Nike Digital Engineering (NDE) teams to provide requirements and support the enablement of new business initiatives
Provide oversight for O2C end-to-end processes supporting digital commerce revenues; partner with the geography O2C stakeholders to document and drive improvements in processes and controls
Work closely with Nike Direct Finance to align key accounting assumptions and provide visibility to digital commerce revenues
Manage global O2C accounting policies and procedures for Nike digital commerce; engage regularly with geography O2C stakeholders to understand policy impacts of business practices
Manage the quarterly revenue recognition management sign-off for Nike digital commerce; communicate results to business and finance leaders
Provide consultation to geography controlling stakeholders for questions related to digital commerce revenue recognition
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field;
• CPA or equivalent qualification required;
• 6+ years of experience with combination of Big 4 Public Accounting and Corporate Accounting at a Fortune 500/multinational Consumer Products company preferred;
• Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand;
• Experience working with retail or ecommerce accounting issues desirable;
• Strong self-motivator with ability to create and deliver solutions despite obstacles or ambiguity;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership team;
• Advanced ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests;
• Strong ability to problem solve, communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience;
• Strong ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers;
• Ability to pass a 7 year background check
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00325531
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Category: Finance, Corporate Services