Nike EXPERT CYBER SECURITY STRATEGIST in Portland, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the Nike Technology organization. Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer- and customer-oriented team. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide.
The Cyber Security Strategy team is responsible for defining the information security strategic roadmap by interfacing with core business functions and technology teams to identify required future state security capabilities, working with internal information security teams to secure the threat landscape, and considering strategic risk areas of the organization.
As an expert Cyber Security Strategist for the Cyber Security Strategy team, you will use your extensive security knowledge and professional experience to support the definition, communication, and maintenance of the information security strategy. Your role will be part of a team that will ultimately drive the information security strategy for Nike. Inc. Your expert technical background will enable comprehensive strategic conversations with technical audiences, while building confidence with business stakeholders and company leadership when defining and selling your strategic vision.
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special who will be instrumental in supporting the success of the Cyber Security Strategy team by delivering on the following key areas of responsibility:
• Core focus on driving cyber security vision and roadmap on all Nike, Inc. strategies as assigned.
• Provide expert information security architecture viewpoints for all assigned strategies for all enterprise level initiatives
• Work hand in hand with security program management and tactical deployment teams to ensure alignment with strategy and vision.
• Maintain regular engagement and proactive partnership with business and technology teams to ensure assigned strategies align with business and technical needs, requirements, and constraints
• Maintain a catalogue of high level security capabilities for Nike, Inc for all assigned strategies.
• The candidate will support additional aspects of security strategy, including:
Provide expert input into the collective information security strategy to ensure that future security investments are aligned appropriately when considering key priorities such as business requirements, industry threat landscape, and risk appetite of Nike, Inc.
Provide expert security input to solution deployments to help ensure that solutions deployed, and corresponding information assets, are aligned with our security strategy.
Defining and maintaining security capability catalogues to support the information security strategy agenda.
Partner with business and technology to provide expert security guidance into design and implementation of enterprise security capabilities.
Analyze market and industry trends and adjust security strategy accordingly
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications This opportunity requires skills and experience related to information security strategy planning, security architecture design and review, and effective communication and presentation skills. To be successful in this position you must have the following skills and qualifications;
• Proven experience and desire to operate as a self-starter and be comfortable working in an ambiguous, yet fast-paced, environment.
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned strategies and champion them across Nike
• Proven ability to do research and documentation on emerging trends and how they impact Nike and assigned strategies
• Proven ability to map and understand complex relationships and interactions between Enterprise Architecture, business direction, emerging trends, emerging technologies, and legacy systems
• Highly meticulous and detail oriented.
• Superb speaking, writing and influencing skills are required as the opportunity often presents or interacts verbally or in written form to IT, CIS, and business leadership.
• Proven ability to identify and develop clear and understandable security capabilities and strategic views from high-level business objectives and technology constraints.
• Robust knowledge of information security principles, frameworks and best practices and the ability to apply those principles in clear and articulate way to build support for CIS Strategy and Vision.
• Strong technical knowledge and confidence in communicating with highly technical audiences.
• Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive discussions driving towards results
• Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how information security can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
• Superior communication and collaboration skills, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics.
• Passion for the Nike brand and for an innovative, Just Do It work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven experience identifying solutions for complex problems in enterprise environments.
• Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing security solutions for a mix of technology areas, with a focus on network and cloud security.
• Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing security programs in a mix of technology areas including:
o Advanced Endpoint Security
o Cloud Service, Provider, and Platform Security
o Advanced Identity & Access Management
o Application Security include S-SDLC, DevSecOps, and Automation
o Next Generation Network Security (SDP, ZTN, SDWAN)
o Data & Collaboration Security
o Risk, Compliance, and Security Management
o Security Operations and Incident Response
o Cyber Threat Hunting, Intelligence, and Analytics
o Data Classification, Encryption, and Protection
o Business Continuity Planning and Technical Recovery
o Embedded, Control, and IoT Device Security
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 10 years' experience in information security or information technology disciplines
• At least 5 years of Information Security architecture and / or strategy
• CISSP / GSEC highly beneficial
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00332692
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Category: IT, Technology, Digital & Technology