Nike Director of Finance Express Lane in Portland, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
At Nike, speed to market is a critical component of meeting and exceeding athlete’s* expectations and a key component of our triple double strategy. The Express Lane team works end-to-end on short timelines to deliver the right product to the right place at the right time. As our Finance Director for Express Lane you will play a critical role in achieving that mission. We are a new, disruptive and entrepreneurial team within Nike that brings together expertise across functions and geographies to attack the challenges of speed and develop business models that make us faster. As part of Express Lane, you can expect to work closely with teams from across the business to deliver speed where it matters most for our consumers.
• Drive the creation of an end-to-end, fully loaded financial model for Nike’s responsive business models
• Quickly iterate on financial models in support of Express Lane pilots that help to quantify and prioritize opportunities
• Partner with finance teams in Rev/Margin, GS&M, Logistics, and the Geos to ensure a clear and optimized financial planning process for Express Lane
• Identify and monitor financial KPI’s critical to the success of our express lane operations; establish operational and financial guardrails that inform the long-range planning process
• Lead the Express lane team through the 3-year, annual and quarterly financial planning process
• Connect with geography finance teams to drive alignment on goals and performance
• Drive visibility and reporting on end to end financial results
In this role, you’ll have to develop a strong understanding of Nike’s end to end value chain. You’ll need to bring extensive financial modeling experience and a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that haven’t been addressed before. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
Qualifications Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or a business-related field. MBA or business-focused Master's degree or higher is preferred
• 5 years of people management and team development experience
• 5 years of experience working for a multinational consumer products company. Experience in an Operations or Manufacturing environment and/or Strategy Consulting is a plus
• Advanced level proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts, and strategic planning concepts
• Experience using SAP is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00330273
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Category: Finance, Corporate Services