Nike Maintenance Area Manager- Shelby (Memphis, TN) Sun-Thur 11p-730a in Memphis, Tennessee
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Supply Chain experts ensure that every year 900 million pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time. That’s no easy task. The complex process involves more than 50 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain professionals from Laakdal, Belgium, to São Paulo, Brasil, make it happen. They constantly push for ways to make Nike’s supply chain faster, more efficient and more responsive to Nike’s always-changing consumer needs.
As our Maintenance Area Manager, you'll support and supervise our Maintenance Technicians, General Maintenance and contract employees in their operational duties, including mechanical, electrical, structural repair, PLC, conveyor maintenance and preventative maintenance programs. You'll plan, develop and implement construction/maintenance projects, using facility resources and vendors as necessary. You'll also consult with the Operations Management team to perform large and small area moves and plan options for facility capacity maximization; supervise and perform various skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, buildings and equipment; and maintain an adequate spare parts and tool inventory to properly support the facility. This opportunity also involves scheduling vendor compliance audits with regard to specifications of construction and service contract agreements and administering an effective preventative maintenance program to minimize equipment failure. In addition, you'll maintain a working knowledge of equipment indigenous to various support systems, including conveyors, sortation equipment, PLCs, compressors and air handlers.
Requirements for the position include:
• 5 years' progressive conveyor and sortation experience
• 5 years' experience in electronics, electrical controls, PLC, wiring, motor construction and repair
• 5 years' experience interpreting blue prints
• 3 years' experience managing all aspects of maintenance and facilities capital projects
• Experience with lift equipment and HVAC, fire protection and material handling systems
• Knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA and NEC codes and standards
• Knowledge of effective communication, motivation and participative management techniques
• Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
• Able to make sound business decisions, pay attention to detail, solve problems, work well under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks at once
• Able to prioritize workload appropriately and work cooperatively in a group to achieve a common goal
• Able to handle confidential information in a professional manner
• Able to work extended hours and weekends as necessary and with little or no advance notice
• 3 years' supervisory and people management experience in a maintenance shop is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00329994
Location: United States-Tennessee-Memphis
Job Category: Supply Chain