Nike Accounting Director, North America Inventory Control in Memphis, Tennessee
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As the ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR, NORTH AMERICA INVENTORY CONTROL, you will have an exceptional opportunity to be part of the North American Supply Chain Accounting (DS2P) team and will help build our Controlling offense with the North America Fulfillment and Operations teams. You will lead a team that will deliver sustainable excellence across our North America inventory and supply chain accounting processes, systems, and controls to ensure financial statement accuracy and enable NIKE’s operational and marketplace strategies and ongoing growth.
While mastering and executing the fundamentals will be critical, your ability to operate in a very dynamic environment and work effectively with a variety of internal stakeholders will also be crucial. You will manage a complex matrix of internal partnerships with cross functional teams in NIKE’s Supply Chain Operations, Inventory Management, Finance, and Technology.
You’ll need a strategic mindset, a bias toward action and change, and a commitment to execution. You must have the ability to build strong relationships with senior management to ensure success of our long-term vision. You should be very comfortable with ambiguous situations and excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at NIKE.
People and Organizational Leadership
• Lead the advancement of high profile, influential, collaborative relationships across Supply Chain Operations, Inventory Management, Finance, Technology, and other key business partners
• Build and lead a team of highly talented individuals with diverse skillsets to optimize resource and capability deployment across a number of strategic priorities
• Perform baseline and periodic assessments of organizational performance against key work streams and develop a measurable, strategy execution plan against effectiveness, efficiency and risk optimization aligned to the overall North America and Global Accounting strategic plan
• Play a key role in establishing and deploying the North America Supply Chain Controlling priorities and organizational strategy
Business Insights / Decision Support
• Lead the design and support the implementation of new accounting and operational policies, processes, systems, and controls across North America Supply Chain Operations, Inventory Management, Finance, and other key stakeholders
• Maintain and drive continuous improvement, while collaborating with cross functional teams, on owned processes to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness; define and drive the execution of best practices
• Drive the Controlling offense to establish and deploy North America inventory health reporting capabilities through partnership with North America Inventory Management and Operations
• Lead the cross-functional effort to enhance and standardize our existing inventory processes and controls in support of a globally consistent framework to enhance our existing control environment
• Participate in the review of monthly, quarterly, and annual strategies and results with business and operational leadership; add value as a credible and trusted business partner for the following groups: North America Fulfillment, Inventory Management, Operations, Quality, Finance, and Technology
• Provide oversite and serve as the Controlling owner for all key and non-key controls within North America distribution centers; provide training and educate all control performers/reviewers to properly assess and complete self-assessments timely, identify and track deficiencies, and establish plans to remediate identified failures
• Partner with Inventory Management and Operations to establish a governance model for all North America 3rd party logistic providers - executing shadow counting, reconciling 3rd party WMS systems, etc.
• Establish a governance model to approve and review inventory adjustments impacting the Financial Statements
• Govern gross/net cycle count progress and accuracy reporting to ensure compliance with NIKE’s Global Cycle Count Policy
• Track and monitor WMS to SAP Imbalances at Nike owned facilities, understand the root cause of the imbalance, and evaluate the Financial Statement implications
• Provide process oversite and governance over WMS and SAP access approval and review
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Nike’s Internal and External Auditors for walkthroughs, control testing, and operational audits
• Develop high-impact presentations to clearly communicate
• Status of projects and results of internal control assessments
• Inventory Accuracy
• Projects / Initiatives
• ICFR methodology, impacts, and ownership requirements
• Based in Memphis, TN, this role will involve some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon as well as distribution centers throughout North America
Qualifications • 10+ years' extensive experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, or transaction services/financial business process consulting; experience within a large multinational, publically-held company required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA required
• Strong US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge
• Strong commercial and business acumen, with ability to translate business requirements into financial risks and controls
• Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• Ability to assess financial risks and controls across end to end business and operational processes
• Experience with identifying and applying complex accounting treatment to business arrangements
• Experience with and ability to work collaboratively across functions
• Experience with leading teams through transformational initiatives, process improvements, or shared services capabilities
• Experience with setting and delivering on organizational strategies
• Ability to influence and inform stakeholders on complex technical topics
• Ability to innovate and navigate through ambiguity
• Experience with SAP and/or Warehouse Management Systems
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: SRC082217
Location: United States-Tennessee-Memphis
Job Category: Finance, Corporate Services