Nike Business Planning Analyst-Academy in Houston, Texas
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Sales partners with retailers — from a football specialty store in Rome to a Macy’s department store in New York — to deliver the products, experiences and brand stories that make Nike the preeminent sports brand. It starts with the best sales team in the industry: Nike Sales employees keenly understand consumers, the marketplaces and Nike products. They collaborate with Nike Marketing, Merchandising and Product teams to create sales assortments for each season. The Sales teams’ expertise and retail mindset ignites and sustains a focus on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc.
As a Business Planner for North America sales, you'll collaborate with account and key stakeholders to develop and manage the top-line financial plan for an account (group of accounts) across categories, gender, and business units (FW/APP/EQ). This includes:
· Develop the topline plan for an assigned account (or group of accounts) including retail sales, receipts, inventory, margin, and turn
· Create informed plans against categories, gender, and business units (FW/APP/EQ)
· Establish monthly sales and inventory plans by comp stores and new stores
· Ensure the retail plan & metrics are aligned against the seasonal wholesale plan
· Drive Collaboration and include input from key stakeholders including the Account, Sales, Planning, Category, and Merchandising to gain agreement on financial plans.
· Identify potential opportunities and / or risks in the business against inventory plans; develop actionable recommendations for execution
· Create & manage monthly (rolling 12 months) OTB forecast (sales, inventory, margin, turn) against plan dimensions of category, gender, business unit for the account; adjust plans if necessary
· Scorecard weekly results to plan
· Develop topline business review of business vs. plan and LY - sales, margin, inventory, and turn
· Share business review with account, account team and internal cross functional partners
· Review comp door and new door performance
· Recap bookings gross to net
· Lead the development of the store review (every 6 months) to recap store volumes and productivity ($ PSF) results
Position located in Houston, TX.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
· 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
· 5+ years' experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer
· Comprehensive understanding of retail math
· Experience in gross margin profitability planning
· Ability to create monthly reports, top line sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
· Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
· Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
· Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
· Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc
· Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
· Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
· Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00331000
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Category: Sales