Nike CONVERSE-Sr. Concept Creator in Boston, Massachusetts
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Let’s face it, Converse is synonymous with sneakers. You’re coming into a long legacy. But we’re trusting you see things a little different. That you’re wearing what you want and you know what you want to wear. And that will translate to what you put on people’s feet. We like a view askew. We like risktakers and rebels.
As our Senior Concept Creator, you'll collaborate with the Concept Creation Team and Converse Innovation team to lead, assess and prioritize franchise level concepts. You'll provide breakthrough ideas in collaboration with our Innovation partners and challenge the status quo. You'll translate design inspirations into a 3-dimensional product, through collaboration with the core innovation team and partners at the Concept Creation Center. You'll create superior level concepts primarily for Footwear but stretch into apparel and accessories. You’ll get to fabricate and assemble new R&D concepts utilizing all resources and equipment on hand within the Concept Creation Center, not specifically inclusive of the following; Laser, Embroidery, Stitching, Assembly, Digital Printing, and Digital cutting, vulcanization and cold cement. You'll anticipate innovation needs, solve for new, unique situations and plan resource requirements. You ideally possess the unique ability to thrive in ambiguity and through high personal work standards act as coach for less experienced concept creators and designers. You'll work with multi-disciplinary teams including all of product creation and manufacturing pillars. In addition, you'll research, pattern engineering, innovation, in-line, brand, specialty customization, in-house assembly and overseas factory R&D centers. Through research, you’ll find new ways to craft footwear, pushing the boundaries of manufacturing and tools influences process changes for better product. You’ll also be responsible for delivering high-level presentations regarding product details, features, construction requirements to innovation leadership.
Qualifications Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years' additional relative work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 8-9 years' relevant work experience, typically in engineering, development, and/or production preferred.
• Minimum 2 years' product process experience preferred
• Expert with footwear pattern engineering, cutting, stitching, and assembly processes and operations.
• Ideation & Visioning- Generates new ways of thinking about aspects of performance based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace. Develops ideas that are consistent with the vision for new products by collaborating with product creation on the genesis of new product concepts for all Nike business units.
• Research/Engineering-defines protocol and establishes scope of testing required to prove and validate a concept. In line with advanced knowledge of the consumer, business, and performance requirements, develops concrete insights which feed into the development of advanced product concepts through the use of new technologies or construction processes. Delivers proof of concept by turning concepts and new product visions into reality.
• Identifies key elements of product construction materials and
processes. Engineers prototypes.
• Project Management- Enables the development of innovation projects turning concept ideation into reality by working in,or with, multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party vendors. Meets complex challenges with imaginative state of the art approaches supported by feasible solutions.
• Communication-assists in preparation of reports and presenting results and market concepts at the functional department level. Clearly and concisely communicates the knowledge required and best practices assist transition of technology to product.
• Travel up to 5% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00335542
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Category: Converse I, Global Footwear Product Creation, Product Development, Converse