Nike Senior Manager, Mobile Engineering in Beaverton, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join the Nike Digital organization! We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Sr. Mobile Engineering Manager, your role on the team will include:
• Lead delivery of world-class consumer-facing mobile and device experiences across development teams, business stakeholders, and creative agencies.
• Act as a hands-on architect and solutions lead for the engineering team, providing code and design reviews
- Work with technical customers to gather technical requirements for libraries and frameworks
• Manage and provide transparency to commitments (scope, cost, schedule), risks, and confidence level
• Hire, coach, and develop mobile (iOS and Android) and platform engineers working on our products
• Code 20% of your time in Swift/Objective-C and/or Java/Kotlin
- Collaborate with your peers to drive organizational-wide improvements to process and tooling
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 2 years’ additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
• 4 years professional experience leading complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams
• 4 years’ experience managing, hiring, and coaching software engineers
• Experience in leading technical projects in a large scale Agile delivery environment
- Delivery of a mobile-centric technical framework/library
• Strong preference for experience with high-availability and consumer-facing applications
• At least one iOS or Android application shipped to consumers or an enterprise
- Open source experience a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00354214
Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Job Category: Digital & Technology