Nike Manager of Mobile Release Management in Beaverton, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Digital Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Manager of Mobile Release Management - Nike Digital Engineering, you will play a key role on the team that enables the Digital team to bring its world-class products and applications to market.
You will work across Digital experience teams to understand key business drivers and enable the delivery of successful releases for NTC, NRC, Nike App, SNKRS.
As a leader, you will be responsible for driving effective release framework and governance across multiple teams and geographies. Having a deep understanding and ability to manage all change activity from planning to deployment will be keys to success.
Initially, you will manage a small team (1 direct report) with the opportunity to grow within the leadership team and organization.
In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the digital community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver a quality product on time.
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
• Experience delivering digital, Mobile Application or eCommerce technology projects, programs, or releases into complex production environments; includes participation on the Change Control Board with authority to make go/no go decisions
• Experience with Mobile Application Development and the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience with Apple and Google App Store Releases and process.
• Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with business partners, senior management, executive leadership, and technical teams
• Prior management experience including hiring, coaching, delivering performance reviews, and resource planning
• Proven track record of implementing process change focused on alignment of business and technology; in particular, working with Engineering, QA, and IT Technical Operations
• Ability to collaborate across teams with differing priorities and objectives to bring consensus
• Deep understanding of release management processes; understanding of environment management
• Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
• Strong analytical experience including data trending and analysis for senior leadership level presentations
• Bachelors degree in Technology, Business, Engineering or a related field; 2 additional years of professional experience in lieu of a degree
• 7+ years professional experience with at least 4 years in release management or business process improvement and 2 years in a management capacity
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience with business process improvement methods (e.g., Lean), Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration/Delivery is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00348315
Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Job Category: Digital & Technology