Nike Director, Data Products – Nike Direct in Beaverton, Oregon
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
Nike Direct – which combines Nike Digital and Nike Direct-To-Consumer teams - is responsible for developing and delivering engaging experiences, products and offers to Nike consumers. The role of Director, Data Products within the Nike CTO organization is responsible for engaging cross functionally with Nike Digital, Nike Brand and Nike Analytics teams to determine their needs for data products. The products can involve instrumentation of consumer facing solutions, ingestion of data flowing from these systems, curation and management of this data into meaningful, connected analytical sources or the syndication of data through reports, feeds, APIs, streams, etc for consumption by analysts and data scientists, or by experience solutions such as web properties and mobile apps.
As Director of Data Products, you will define, prioritize and execute the roadmap for all consumer data needs across Nike Direct. You will engage with engineering, platform and planning teams to ensure that product roadmaps are well understood and the delivery teams are able to meet their commitments. You will be the primary owner of relationships with key stakeholders – teams that create consumer data (through transactional systems or consumer-facing digital properties) and teams that consume that data, from analysts, marketers, retail and direct sales, data scientists, and digital product managers. You will also be responsible for driving data quality and governance across this set of stakeholders.
As part of Nike Digital team, it is critical that a successful candidate for this role has experience with digital experience technologies for tagging, a/b testing, segmentation, and related data telemetry/instrumentation processes. They should possess depth and experience in product management principles, such as leading through influence, partnering with executives across multiple functions to develop a cohesive product strategy, product roadmapping, and ensuring successful business outcomes. You will champion data-driven product management with a constant eye towards data consumers within Nike. Finally, they should have experience working in a big data/open source data environment, data science/machine learning principles and depth in analytics and data modeling practices.
This role reports into the Head of Consumer Data Engineering. The director will manage an existing data product team as well have the opportunity to scale the team to drive velocity and quality in delivering in a fast-growing pipeline of demand. With fast career growth potential, this role presents an exciting opportunity for a technology leader who is interested in accelerating Nike’s digital transformation!
• Leadership: Set the strategic direction for consumer data engineering across the the Nike Direct business while developing a product roadmap in partnership with other Nike data stakeholders.
• Management: Lead a product team with direct management over multiple product managers at all levels. Enable teams to be successful by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business.
• Product strategy and vision: Create and effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed product vision and strategy that works in concert with the greater Nike Direct strategy. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
• Product lifecycle management: Manage the end-to-end data product lifecycle of complex systems from data instrumentation through syndication. Strategize and execute on initiatives to structure and democratize data.
• Product roadmap definition: Develop a product feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of consumer needs.
• Prioritization: Effectively design project plans based on priorities, setting clear/measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
• Product Specifications: Write and consult on complex product specifications while accounting for database challenges and external dependencies.
• Analytics and Experimentation: Develop and measure product KPIs, derive key insights, drive reporting tools, and devise and execute experiments and multivariate tests to find product solutions.
• Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple stakeholders in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of stakeholders including analytics teams, app and web teams, platform teams, operational teams, legal and globalization.
• Collaborate: Partner with Engineering, Analytics, and Program Management leaders throughout completion of milestones while connecting with other stakeholders to deliver optimal results. Also partner with consumer-facing digital product teams to understand and deliver against their consumers’ needs.
• Raise the Bar: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, design reviews, internal blogs).
Qualifications We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
• Masters in Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus
• 7+ years of experience in data, analytics and product management
• 5+ years of experience leading technical delivery in consumer product or consumer technology industry
• Exceptional communication, relationship building and influence skills • Exposure to big data technical environment
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning models deployed in production at scale
• Experience in deploying and governing digital experience related technologies, such as Adobe Analytics, Optimizely etc.
• Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
• Ability to lead high performing, cross-functional teams
• Ability to train and motivate product teams of varying levels of experience
• History of developing and growing product management talent through challenging situations
• Ability to create product deliverables such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications • Experience managing live mobile app or web experiences with multivariate testing
• Experience managing priorities with third party vendors and key partners. Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
• Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
• History of making challenging tradeoffs in establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and challenging negotiations.
• Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive stakeholders
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00352620
Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Job Category: Digital & Technology